Categories
Uncategorized

Blake Changes His Mind About 200m

The 2011 World 100m champion Yohan Blake, said he would quit the 200m after he finished a disappointing 5th place in the 100m at the World Athletics Championship in Doha last year in other to fully concentrate on the shorter Sprint event.

But after finished his first race of the season last Saturday, he reneged on that stance. So he will be contesting the Sprint double at the National Senior Championship in June this year as his new coach Gregory Little has assured him it will benefit him.

“Coach Gregory has formulated a plan for me and it has been working great going to over distance and getting back my 200m means that I will be getting back to 9.8 and 9.7 which I know I can”, said Blake who finished his 400m, first race of the season at Camperdown Classic in 48.24s.

“The first time I ran 19.26s Gregory was the one out there that worked with me a day before I ran that second fastest time so I have experience working with me who knows his onion”, he explained.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.